Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Freelancing with Odesk

Freelancing is one of the most popular real paying work from home opportunity one can take. When I started freelancing, the first site I joined was The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk.  The first project I worked on Odesk was telemarketing.  I was a telemarketer for a company based in Australia.  It was a rough ride but really worth it.  The job was to cold call homeowners to promote the company's services and have them scheduled for a visit by one of the company's representatives.  After the first two weeks of my assignment, the company saw my abilities and promoted me as team leader of my fellow telemarketers.  I then, took on a more demanding role as I needed to keep up with our targets.  As the team leader, I also had to take the place of the trainer whenever he is not available to train a new member of our team.

Freelancing is really a great experience for someone like me.  Through taking freelance jobs, the roles become more challenging as you mostly need to depend on your own.  Well, I guess success really comes with hard work.  Just like how trust is something that you earn and not automatically given to you.  If you want to be successful in your craft and gain the trust of people, you need to work hard to earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment